Death At First Sight
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

mgo Game Comments

3 posters

Go down

mgo Game Comments Empty mgo Game Comments

Post  WarForged Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:45 pm

I don't know about you guys, but I thought that was awful on our side. There was just no teamwork on our side, most of the time I didn't know where anyone even was. I've been in a clan before, got to 6th in Clanbase ladder (different game, though), and if you really want to compete in games like that you seriously need teamwork. So I'll put out a few problems I had:

1) The main one was teamspeak. It was just a mass of noise. Even when I needed to tell people what was happening around me, I had no chance because everyone else was shouting random *sensored*. Teamspeak is supposed to be so we can pass messages to each other. "Heavy/Medic team heading for capture point 1, main force moving around central capture point, etc." Not for telling us how your game is going. In the clan I was in we only spoke on teamspeak to ask for help or inform others about enemy positions. Think of the military and how they use their radios.

2) An offshoot of teamspeak was lack of grouping. We all just went our own seperate ways. That might work on a public server, and individually you're all great players, but when you want a bit of teamwork just doing your own thing isn't going to work.

3) I thought mgo, or individual members, were dubious at best. At one point I leapt down into a clear area, in full sight of the enemy, and then I was instantly killed. I was facing the person who killed me, I was even targeting him, and I never saw him move. It was an instant shotgun shot and then back to the way he was facing with no animation to show it. Weird.

So thats my main points. In the clan I was in before, we worked out the layout of maps and best way to attack as a team. We had screenshots of the entire map from above, lines of attack, defensive points marked out, etc. If you really want to push for teamplay, thats the sort of thing you want to be doing. Hell, in my old clan, we had things timed so we'd both be hitting a location at the same time from different angles.

At the moment we're just individual players hoping for the best. That ain't gonna work against anyone with organization.

WarForged
Rookie
Rookie

http://uk.youtube.com/user/WizzyWarlock

Back to top Go down

mgo Game Comments Empty Re: mgo Game Comments

Post  f1shface Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:59 am

I totally agree, in future, only use TS for informing, not to be pessismistic about how the game is going, we did a lot better last night than the first match. I will sort out the arial shots of the maps and annotate them, so let me know your tactics.
f1shface
f1shface
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  B-Rabb!t Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:11 am

I agree, i said b4: we are great individual players, but as team we suck.

But we did better than last time.
B-Rabb!t
B-Rabb!t
Postman
Postman

http://www.dafs-forum.co.nr/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down