Death At First Sight
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

L4D Tip Summary

3 posters

Go down

L4D Tip Summary Empty L4D Tip Summary

Post  Joe Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:56 pm

Survivors:
Weapons:

Uzi: Used for ranged attacks, take out far away specials etc.

Shotgun: Only shoot at threatening zombies, e.g. ones who have seen you. Leave far away ones for uzis (tbh i wouldn’t go for them if they havn’t seen you anyway). Also perfect for clearing hordes and the ones surrounding a downed team mate. You can do this in three shots, one to one side, then middle, then the other side if you get what i mean xD. Stay ducked as you will be in front of the team for most of the time.

Assault Rifle: Shoot in bursts of 5-7 shots. Never spray because gun is too accurate and will waste ammo. Always watch where you’re shooting.

Auto-Shotgun: Nearly same as normal shotgun. Only kill threats. People will rifle (both hunting and assault) should leave ones they miss coming at them, so go for them. Always watch where you are shooting. NEVER let your ammo reach zero. You have to cock you gun at the end of reloading, which means you cant melee, and that really matters when in the middle of a horde. When your ammo is at 1, start reloading and whacking (you can do this at same time Very Happy)

Hunting Rifle: Perfect for far-away threats. Guard whoever has this gun when they are in scope. Has near unlimited-penetration, so it will hit all the zombies that are in a row. Good for hordes if you shoot at them straight in rows. Don’t scope if you can help it, same accuracy whether scoped or not, just different cross hair/zoom. *sensored* when moving, so pistols are good when running.

Teams:
Tier 1: 2xUzis 2xShotguns Tier 2: 1xHR 1xAuto 2xAssault

Formations:
Diamond-shaped. Tier 1: Shotguns at back and front, uzis on side.
4-point arrow Tier 2: HR in inside point, two assaults at back and auto at front

4-point arrow image:
L4D Tip Summary 600px-Green_Arrow_Up.svg

Last edited by Joe on Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:34 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : missed something for autoshotgun)
Joe
Joe
Postman
Postman

Back to top Go down

L4D Tip Summary Empty Re: L4D Tip Summary

Post  B-Rabb!t Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:45 pm

nice one, looking forward to test them
B-Rabb!t
B-Rabb!t
Postman
Postman

http://www.dafs-forum.co.nr/

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:24 pm

Survivors:
Enemies:

Boomer:
1. Shove with gun
2. Move away and say to get away to other members
3. Check silhouettes arent in your view if you have crosshair on the boomer (doesnt mean vomit won't hit other survivors, just less likely Very Happy)
4. Shoot!

Smoker:
Shoot in the body then head.
1. Stops choking
2. Kills him

Hunter:
1. Shove it off
2. Shoot or whack repeatedly

Tank:
1. Retreat to open area
2. Shoot with everything you have
3. Shove in the back if it gets on team member to get it away from them. Definatley do not do this in versus! XD
4. If led far enough away pick up a downed teammate then run to help (while he can pick up any other downed)

Hordes:
1. Get yourself into a corner (or at least against a wall)
2. Get into places where you can see and help each other
3. Shotguns take on bulk of horde, others keep eye out for specials.
Joe
Joe
Postman
Postman

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:31 am

Some things i found out from playing:

1, If you can, find something to run around when you are being chased by a tank (somewhere to hide from rock throwws aswell). Survivors always outrun tanks, unless they are on red. I did this twice on one no mercy finale, and i killed both xD.

2, when a survivor is holding a fuel can or the canisters things, pounce him (with damage) to make it blow up. Did this and got two kills from it (well not direct kills, downed them both with it and they both burned to death!)

I also found some good smoker spots (well, 2) Ill show you sometime...
Anything you find out, say so! Very Happy
Joe
Joe
Postman
Postman

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:41 am

More stuff xD:
1, Hunter crossfire thingy-ma-bob. You're in a corridor (like stage 5 no mercy), you have two opposite rooms. you get one hunter in each, and you get one to pounce everywhere like crazy, so that they know you're in there. Either you will make them slow down loads and be cautious (more chance to attack) or you get one (or some) being an idiot and running to takt it out themselves. The other hunter pounces when the survivor has their back to him looking for the other one. Then the first hunter goes and attacks. Worked a few times for me, but it sometimes doesnt xD

2, Stage 2 no mercy. In the room with the minigun and the door switch, we will be holding them off in the corner on the opposite side of the minigun and on the side of the door (if you get what i mean). We will need to work fast here to set it up. Person with most health (or has already got pills and medikit) will go for fuel can nearest corner and place it in the right place (its kinda hard to explain where but i will show you), 2nd strongest will go for other fuel can and place it, and other two people will go check the medi cabinet thing. you then meet with the other two, and the last one sets the thing off! This is great place because only two attack directions Very Happy

3, Stage 3 no mercy. If a smoker drags one of us off the balcony thing, ONE person shout they will help him and then jump off to do it. These two guys try their best to get to the corner with the door that used to be breakable. The other 2 run ahead and open the door from the other side as quick as possible. If 3 go down off it the 4th jumps down as well, because it will be damn near impossible to get a hunter off you if your alone up there in time for you not to be downed, and that wastes more time.

Btw the way i do realise im writing alot but i think if we know all this we can do better!
Joe
Joe
Postman
Postman

Back to top Go down

Post  f1shface Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:22 am

Great work joe, keep it up!
f1shface
f1shface
Admin

Back to top Go down